Tuesday, 27 March 2012

March Favourites 2012!! <3

Hey girls :) So I know everyone says this but I literally cannot believe it's the end of March already!!! it feels like we just had Christmas.. Where did January and February go? Now it's almost April :O Well this year has honestly just flew by! Anyways since we are about to say goodbye to March I thought I would show you my favourite products and discoveries of the month.


LUSH Ultra Bland Cleanser - 100g (£10.25)


I've become a bit of a Lush junky and this was my favourite Lush find of the month. It is marketed as "the most thorough of all cleansers" and there's no denying it!

-Pros
  • It removes every last trace of makeup or dirt, nothing is too much for it.
  • It's so gentle and moisturising at the same time.
  • It feels lovely on the skin - very rich, thick and buttery.
  • It's made cruelty free, with all natural ingredients.
  • It has a fresh, honey scent.
  • It's great for all skin types.
-Cons
  • It could be cheaper ..


Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation - 010 Fair (£12.99)
I would call this my best rediscovery of the month. I purchased this a while back and the only reason I bought it was because it was on sale. At first I couldn't figure out how to work it and I never used it. But recently when I was looking through my collection I remembered it and thought I should give it another try.

-Pros

  • It gives such a gorgeous finnish.
  • It is so pigmented that you could even wear it on its own.
  • It literally lasts all day.

-Cons

  • The packaging is rather strange and confusing, it has a pointed lid with a twistable brush attached, making it difficult to get the powder out.


2true Cheek n Lip Tint - Blush Pink (£1.99)
As you can see, this is basically a dupe for Benefit's Posietint (which is £24.50) at a fraction of the price. I had seen it in Superdrug a few times before but I never picked it up because I hadn't heard about the brand before and I didn't have high hopes for it at that price. But one day I decided I might as well just try it and boy am I glad! If you aren't familiar with this type of cheek stain it is like a liquid blusher which comes in packaging similar to a nail polish. When I first put it on it looked extremely bright pink and a bit scary but once you blend it it's just gorgeous. It is becoming one of my favourite blushes.

-Pros

  • It is incredibally cheap
  • I find it so much easier to use than powder blush. 
  • It has such a nice consistency and so easy to blend
  • The shade would look great on any skin tone.

-Cons

  • I hate the smell! It smells like dirt but I reckon it is unfragranced.
  • It does tend to ware off throughout the day and you may need to reapply it.

Note: I also bought this in the red colour and its not very good at all. if your thinking about buying i would NOT advise getting the red. Its like a total opposite formula - very sheer and watery and hard to blend. if anyone has tried the red I would definitely recommend going back to get the pink because it is soo much better.


Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil - Black (£6.00)

-Pros

  • It is the creamiest, blackest black, long lasting eyeliner pencil I have ever used.
  • It looks like you are wearing gel liner but it is so much easier to use.
  • It sits perfectly on your waterline for hours and hours.
  • It is jet black and very pigmented.
  • Its not too pricey either.
-Cons
  • It sometimes smudges a little by the end of the day
  • It is quite difficult to remove.


L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer -Hazel Eyes (£11.29)


I know that I have talked about this mascara before but it is my favourite mascara at the moment. It is amazing at volumising, separating the lashes and just totally brightening up the eyes. I can't say enough good things about it but I don't want to repeat myself. I have a full review and if you are interested just click here.


Beyonce Heat Rush Eau de Toilette - 30ml (£21.00)

(not to be confused with Beyonce Heat original) 
So this is one of my favourite scents and I have been wearing it lots recently. It is perfect for spring/summer. I bought this at boots last year. I feel that a lot of the time celebrity endorsed perfumes just aren't very good and people just buy them for the name, but I'm not the biggest fan of Beyonce and I bought this because I just love the smell. It has strong notes of cherry, orange and passion fruit

-Pros

  • It's a sweet, happy scent.
  • It is tropical and fruity yet sexy and feminine.
  • It lasts all day.


-Cons

  • I think that the packaging looks a bit cheap and tacky.
  • You have to be in a certain mood to wear it.



Superdrug Dry Shampoo - Chocolate Brownie (99p)


This was my little bargain of the month so I thought I would throw it in to my favourites. It is currently on offer, reduced to 99p!!(usually £1.79) It was hard to believe for a decent dry shampoo when other brands like Batiste or Tresemme can be anything from £2-£5.



-Pros

  • Very cheap
  • Does the job
  • quick and easy
  • Doesn't need to be shaken vigorously like other dry shampoos
  • Doesn't leave a white mark in your hair
  • Smells nice and chocolatey


-Cons
  • If you rub it in with you hands it leaves a dark brown stain on your fingers.
  • The pigment is rather dark so I'm not sure that it would be suitable for other lighter shades of brunettes



So have you tried any of these products? 
What were your favourite products this month?
Feel free to leave me a comment :D
And PLEASE follow my blog if you haven't already <3
Have an amazing April!!
Thank you :')
MissJammyxo

8 comments:

  1. Great monthly favourites ... I haven't even thought about mine yet!xx

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie,

    I have just discovered your blog. You have to know, ur blog is adorable and interesting. Lovely blog!

    Wanna follow each other?

    Have a nice day!
    -Inggrid
    http://miss-monaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really lovely items...love all
    btw wanna we can follow each other?
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your April favorites! I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! Check out my post for details.

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww:') thank you so much!!
      I'm actually working on my April Favs right now
      It should be up by tomorrow.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...