Monday, 30 April 2012

April Favourites 2012!!

Hello My Beauties<33 
So it's that time of the month again.. thats what she said (hehe!)
Time to talk about my favourites for this month ;)


1)Favourite Makeup Products

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation (100 Ivory) -£6.99

Pros

  • This is a very affordable drugstore foundation. 
  • It gives good medium-full coverage. 
  • It will last you the whole day. 
  • It gives a very nice dewy finish. 
  • A little bit goes a long way. 
  • I love the packaging! It comes in a sleek glass bottle with a pump. 
  • Also it smells really nice.

Cons

  • I think the biggest con is the very limited range of shades. They all seemed too orangey for me (even the lightest shade). 
  • And it can feel a bit heavy. 

Rating out of ten: 8
Best for: Medium skin tones 


Maybelline Dream Touch Blush (02 Peach) -£6.99

Pros
  • It is honestly the prettiest shade - a sort of peachy/orange/pink with glitter.
  • This shade is so versatile, it can double as a blush and bronzer - or even a highlight. 
  • It stays on all day. 
  • I think the packaging is very cute too.
Cons
  • It is really tiny! It's about the size of an eyeshadow. 
  • I thought it was kind of expensive for a drugstore blush, being so small. 
  • And I would prefer if it had a bit less glitter.
Rating out of ten: 9
Best for: Light-Medium coloured skin


Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters -£7.99
Pros
  • They are quite decently priced. 
  • They have the most gorgeous packaging. 
  • There is a huge range of lovely colours. 
  • They feel nice and smooth on the lips.
Cons
  • They ware off much quicker than your average lipstick. 
  • I actually found them quite drying, they definitely don't substitute lipbalm.
Rating out of ten: 7.5

2)Favourite Hair Products

Vo5 Miracle Concentrate (Argan Oil) -£4.99


Pros

  • This is probably the cheapest hair oil out there. As others (such as moroccan oil) tend to be quite ridiculously priced. 
  • It makes your hair incredibly silky and shiny.
  • It smoothes your hair and eases frizz.
  • It has a nice consistency - lightweight and not too oily.
  • It has a lovely scent.
Cons
  • I'm not too crazy about the packaging. I think it looks quite tacky. The bottle is a bit small. And I'm not a fan of the 'turkey baster' design applicator.
  • Make sure you are careful that you don't use too much because sometimes it can end up looking greasy.
Rating out of ten: 8.5
Best for: Dry/Damaged Hair.

3)Favourite Nail Products

Revlon Nail Enamel (210 Electric Pink) -£6.49


Pros 
  • It's a great summery, bright pink/coral shade.
  • It is fun but classic at the same time.
  • I found it very opaque even after the first coat.
  • With a top coat, it can literally last me all week without chipping.
  • It comes in an elegant bottle.
  • It gives a nice shiny finish.
Cons
  • I thought £6.49 was a bit much for a drugstore nail polish.
Rating out of ten: 9.5


Quickies Nail Varnish Remover Pads -£2.10


Pros

  • For a start, they're cheap.
  • They are so fast and easy.
  • They don't stink the house out - they actually smell nice and fruity.
  • I will never go back to faffing about with a bottle of nail varnish remover and cotton wool.
Rating out of ten: 10

4)Favourite Body Products


Revlon Body Spray Charlie (Secret) -£1.70


Pros
  • It's really cheap.
  • The scent is just amazing! It smells warm and floraly with a bit of sweet vanilla in it.
Cons
  • It doesn't last very long but you can't expect much from a body spray.
Rating out of ten: 8

Imperial Leather Japanese Spa Shower Foamburst -£3.15


Pros
  • I absolutely love the smell!!
  • It works as a body wash and a shaving gel.
  • The tiniest bit goes a long way.
  • It comes out as a gel and lathers up into a thick, moisturising foam.
  • It leaves your skin feeling so soft and clean.
Rating out of ten: 10




5)Favourite Skincare Products


St. Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub -£3.99


Pros
  • It makes your skin feel so soft and smooth.
  • It has a nice creamy texture.
  • It smells delicious.
Cons
  • It can be a bit harsh at first.
Rating out of ten: 8

6)My Most Played Songs

  • Train- Drive By
  • Carlie Rae Jepson- Call Me Maybe
  • Gotye- Somebody That I Used to Know
  • Jason Mraz- I Won't Give Up
  • Nicki Minaj- Starships
  • Justin Bieber- Boyfriend
  • Sean Paul- She Doesn't Mind
So what do you think of my favourites? 
What were your favourites this month?
Feel free to leave me a comment :D
And PLEASE follow my blog if you haven't already <3
Happy May!!
Thank you :')
MissJammyxo



4 comments:

  1. hey hun! found you on bloghop!
    wanna be bloggy friends and follow eachother?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive found the lightest shade of the rimmel foundation makes me look orangey too, but good coverage!

    annabeladore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, its a great foundation but the shades are so annoying!! thank you for commenting x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...