Tuesday, 31 July 2012

How to NOTD: Barry M Chameleon Effects!

Hey girls! As promised, I have an in depth NOTD and tutorial on the new BarryM Chameleon Effects Nail Paints, for you today. I chose to do a sort of half and half design and I will be showing you step by step exactly how to recreate this.
These nail polishes basically change colour when you paint on top of them with a clear polish. So that you can easily create so many different designs. I think these are really cool and I was so excited to try them. I've never seen any other nail polishes like this before and it sort of reminded me of those colour changing felt pens I used to get when I was little.
I used the lilac shade. It is pale and silvery but changes to a darker, indigo, purple. They are also available in pink and blue shades. As you will see the application process is quick and simple. To make it even easier I would recommend using the BarryM clear nail polish or one a with a similar thin brush. The only thing that I don't particularly like is the fact that all of the shades are metallic and not very summery. I would have preferred a wider variety of shades with different finishes. 
Overall I do really like these nail polishes and I would give them a 9/10! They are available in Superdrug stores and online for £3.99.


What I used:

  • Collection 2000 Nail Care- 2 in 1 Base Coat
  • BarryM Nail Paint- 332 Chameleon Lilac
  • Barry M Nail Paint- 54 Clear
STEP 1:
Always start with a base coat to protect your nails.



STEP 2:
Paint your nail as normal and wait for them to dry.


STEP 3:
Repeat Step 2 for a second coat.


STEP 4
Using a clear nail polish, vertically paint half of your nail. (I did this freehand but you could use tape to be more precise)
STEP 5
Repeat Step 4 on all of your nails.


Walah! 


I hope this was helpful, feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Please leave your reaction(if you loved/liked/disliked this post) bellow..
Don't forget to follow my blog if you haven't already <3
Until next time, keep smiling! :]
MissJammyxo

4 comments:

  1. Great review!

    Love the design you've created :)

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great colours! Your nails look so cool!
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...