Saturday, 25 August 2012

Concealer Review: Benefit VS Soap&Glory!!

Hey girls!♥
As you can probably tell, I am a bit of a concealer junky. Due to my horrible dark circles it is a must for me. Honestly, if I could only use one makeup product for the rest of my life it would have to be concealer. So I am no stranger to the world of concealers and I have become quite fussy towards certain aspects.
Over a month ago, I purchased the Benefit Erase Paste and the Soap&Glory Kick Ass Concealer. I included them in a recent beauty haul and asked if anyone would like to see a comparison review. I got a good response from a few people. I wanted to leave it until today so I had at least a few weeks to properly test them both and not just give my first impression. Remember that this is just my personal opinion and you might agree or totally disagree.


Benefit Erase Paste
-£19.50
This one was a bit of a disappointment for me. I read mixed reviews before buying it but I figured at that price it has to be good-definitely not the case! 
I really cant think of many good points to this product. I quite like the packaging and the instruction booklet that comes in the box, but that's about it in terms of positives.
When I first applied it I thought it was nice and brightening but coming home after a busy day, I looked half dead. You would be better with nothing on as it just makes your undereyes look even worse. It brought out every fineline/crease under my eyes and I'm only a teenager(I can't imagine how it would look on wrinkles). Don't even get me started on blemishes, it just makes them stand out and doesn't cover anything. The consistency is very greasy and way too thick. It feels heavy and caked. It refuses to blend properly without having to tug at your face. It kind of resembles a paste, as the name suggests but I doubt that's what they were going for. The coverage that you actually get does not last. It feels sticky and basically slides off of your face throughout the day.
I really wanted to like this but it just wasn't for me. It's extremely overpriced for the results you get. I think it would look okay if applied very sparingly on top of higher coverage concealer. The brightening effect is nice but the formula is not suitable for under the eyes-it would be better use as a highlight. I like the cute packaging but that definitely doesn't justify the price.
Rating out of 10: 5


Soap&Glory Kick Ass Concealer
-£10(On Sale at the moment for £7 in Boots) 
I heard great things about this concealer from quite a few people. This is actually a 3 in 1 concealer. It has a mirror, a peachy side for undereyes, a yellowy side for blemishes, plus another compartment with a setting powder and a powder puff. So you can already see that you are getting a lot more for a lower price-it's a win win situation!
The packaging is a love/hate for me. I love the funky old school Soap&Glory design and of course it is really handy having everything in the one. All though it's very bulky and it gets fiddly navigating between the separate compartments.
Both sides of the concealer have a very creamy texture, apply smoothly and blend like a dream. The coverage is a lot better than that of the Erase Paste. The two sides of concealer do have a slightly different consistency. The face concealer is thicker, while the undereye concealer much creamier. I think that some skin types might find it too rich or even greasy but I didn't have much of a problem with that. The top compartment includes a pressed finishing powder. The powder is translucent but very brightening. It is amazing quality and I would recommend using it at all times. I did find the powder puff to be very useful too.
I was very impressed with this concealer. It is such a great bargain for all the extras you get with it. It's very moisturising and gives beautiful coverage. The staying power isn't perfect but it is still an excellent product.
Rating out of 10: 9

Overall I think we should all learn from my mistake, more expensive doesn't always mean better! So don't waste your time with the erase paste..

Have you tried any of these concealers? What did you think of them?
I really hope this helped some people out, feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
PLEASE follow my blog if you haven't already 
Have a great weekend!!
Thank you for reading :')
MissJammyxo

26 comments:

  1. ahh this is so helpful!
    I've used Erase paste and I totally agree, the staying power isn't brilliant and I find it really thick and hard to apply but haven't tried the soap and glory one so I will deffo take your word and give it a go!

    Thanks!
    Georgia x
    http://georgiabeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thanks for the review! i had been eying the erase paste concealer for so long cause so many youtubers rave about it. now i'll steer clear of it :) maybe i'll try the kick ass concealer!
    btw, i love you blog so i followed! :D

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really don't know what all the youtube hype was about!
      Thank you so much! I followed you back :D

      Delete
  3. Really surprised to hear you had such a bad time with Erase Paste, I've never tried it but heard good things. The Soap & Gloray one looks really cool though, loving the setting powder! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i didn't expect to either! thanks xo

      Delete
  4. I was thinking of getting the kick ass concealer anyway and reading this post has definitely helped me decide to get it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking out my blog and following me! I love your blog. I followed you too!

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the review!

    You have a lovely blog:)

    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx for following me,follow you back :)
    Btw great post
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I think I prefer the look of the Soap and Glory one anyway as you get a mirror too x

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed with all the features that the soap and glory one has. It's too bad the erase paste didn't work out for you, I heard good things about it. I gave you an award on my blog! Check it out. :)

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Great review :)

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/happy-friday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do apply the concealer? I definitely want to give it another go and think my application might be the problem. Great comparison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just dip my finger in to the concealer and pat it on. You could try applying over another concealer if you are still having trouble.
      thank you x

      Delete
  12. I wish we had Soap & Glory cosmetics here, would love to try this concealer. Benefit Erase paste has been a fave of mine for years now:)

    Sara xx Thanks for stopping by my blog today..following back
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it is a shame that you can't get it :(
      thank you! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...