Tuesday, 7 August 2012

EMPTIES: Products I have used up! #1


Hello everyone! ♥
I have seen a lot of posts like this recently and I find them so interesting. We are always showing the products we have bought but it's great to see the products people actually get good use out of, apposed to those products you use a couple of times and then chuck to the back of your drawer.
I have been collecting for quite a while now so I have loads of things to show you and I will be doing this in two parts. This first part being hair, body, skincare and nail products, then the second part being just makeup products. I am working on the second post and I will link it here as soon as it is up. Don't forget to follow my blog so you will know when I post it.

Hair Products
Batiste Dry Shampoo Original
I have tried so many different dry shampoos and this has to be the best. I always go back to it.
Pros
  • So quick and easy for lazy days.
  • Gives you fresh and clean looking hair.
  • Adds volume.
Cons
  • Leaves a bit of a white-ish mark.
Rating out of ten: 9
Would I repurchase it?: I already have!

Johnson's Baby Shampoo
This was once my everyday shampoo but now I mainly use it for cleaning my makeup brushes.
Pros
  • Cheap.
  • Does the job.
  • Very gentle for a sensitive scalp.
  • Creates a nice lather.
  • Leaves your hair feeling softer.
  • Perfect for cleaning makeup brushes.
Cons
  • I don't think it would be the best for thick or greasy hair.
Rating out of ten: 8
Would I repurchase it?: Yes

Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo
I have always loved Aussie products, especially their conditioners. So when I saw this mini Aussie travel sized shampoo on sale I thought that I might as well try it.
Pros
  • Makes your hair very moisturised and shiny.
  • The sweet scent is absolutely amazing!
Cons
  • It was a bit pricey.
  • It can get greasy.
Rating out of ten: 7
Would I repurchase it?: Maybe

TRESemme Moisture Rich Conditioner 
This has to be one of the most softening conditioners out there. The huge bottle has lasted me forever.
Pros 
  • Gives you extremely soft and silky hair!
  • Not greasy at all.
  • Very generous amount in the bottle
Cons
  • It doesn't give you that much shine.
  • I found it quite difficult to squeeze the product out.
Rating out of ten: 8
Would I repurchase it?: Yes

Schwarzkopf Got2b Guardian Angel Heat Protection
I don't know why this is so popular. For starters the bottle is misleading, very tall but only contains 200ml. I liked the fact that you can use it on wet and dry hair but it doesn't do much in terms of protection, which is supposed to be the purpose of the product.
Pros
  • It can be used for straightening, curling and blow-drying.
  • Adds shine and doesn't make your hair too sticky.
  • The scent is quite nice.
Cons
  • I didn't notice any protection against further damage.
  • It's quite pricey for all that you get.
Rating out of ten: 4
Would I repurchase it?: Nope

Body Products

Original Source Lime Shower Gel
I love Original Source in general and this is probably one of my favourite shower gels. I have repurchased it countless times.
Pros
  • Very cheap.
  • The scent is yummy- sweet, fresh and citrusy.
  • It is so refreshing and a great wake-me-up for the mornings.
  • Apparently packed with natural stuff.
Rating out of ten: 10
Would I repurchase it?: YES!

Dove Plum & Sakura Blossom Body Wash
I picked up a couple of these when I saw them on offer in Asda and I fell in love! They are good enough to eat!
Pros
  • Amazing sweet and fruity scent.
  • Very creamy and moisturising.
  • You only need a tiny amount to create a great lather.
Rating out of ten: 11!
Would I repurchase it?: Of course!

Sure Long Lasting Protection Antiperspirant Bright
This is my all time favourite deodorant! I find that most antiperspirants don't smell particularly nice but this one is lovely! I actually want it as a perfume. I wear it everyday.
Pros
  • Nicest smelling antiperspirant I have ever used.
  • Protection that lasts all day.
  • I really like the packaging too.
Cons
  • It can leave a white stain.

Rating out of ten: 10
Would I repurchase it?: Definitely!

Skincare Products

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturisng Lotion
This is the perfect all around moisturiser. It is great for sensitive  skin. I have used it everyday since the winter time.
Pros
  • It is gentle and unscented.
  • Very soothing on dry or itchy skin.
  • It is thick but sinks into the skin quickly.
  • Gives you lasting soft, moisturised skin.
Cons
  • It can get a bit greasy.
Rating out of ten: 9
Would I repurchase it?: Yes

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
I was over the moon when I got this free in a set from a magazine and I actually did a blog post about it. I am sure that anyone who has tried it will agree that it is by far the best cleanser EVER!
Pros
  • Gets rid of every last trace of makeup.
  • Very gentle- doesn't sting at all even right on the eyes.
  • Makes your skin feel healthy and hydrated.
  • I love the light scent.
  • I also love the mint green packaging.
Cons
  • Very pricey!

Rating out of ten: 10
Would I repurchase it?: I really want to!

Nail Products

Rimmel Lycra Faster 60 Second Top Coat
I found this very average and it definitley doesn't live up to the 60 second claim. I think there are some better topcoats out there.
Pros
  • Easy to apply.
  • Gives a nice shine.
Cons
  • Takes hours to dry!

Rating out of ten: 6
Would I repurchase it?: Probably not.

Elegant Touch Nail Polish Remover Pads
These are just amazing! I used to absolutely love the Quickies Nail Polish Remover Pads but these are even better. I don't get why people still use regular liquid nail polish remover. 
Pros
  • Cheap.
  • Very quick and simple.
  • The packaging is great and compact.
  • They actually smell good.

Rating out of ten: 10
Would I repurchase it?: YEAH!

I hope this was helpful, feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
PLEASE follow my blog if you haven't already 
Have a wonderful day!!
Thank you :')
MissJammyxo


6 comments:

  1. Love to read other empties posts! I'd really recommend seche vite for a top coat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too! thanks i will try that one out :)

      Delete
  2. love batiste, i use one a month always haha.
    i use baby shampoo to wash my make-up brushes too! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! LOL
      Great, baby shampoo is the best! :)

      Delete
  3. thanks! that really helps :)
    love the floral design!

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...