Tuesday, 25 September 2012

What I'm Loving: September 2012!!

Hey everyone! Long time, no post ;)
I have to apologise, I hate to make excuses but life got in the way. With school starting up and everything, I have had A LOT of extra work and pretty much zero freetime. I guess that blogging must have slipped to the bottom of my subconscious 'priority list'. I like to keep my posts very detailed so I don't think I will be capable of more than a couple per month at the moment, but you know what they say, quality over quantity, right? Anyways don't fret as I have some exciting posts planned(listed to the right). Nevertheless today I am back with a slightly early September favourites for you all. I don't have too many favourites this month but I am only including products that I absolutely love.


Clean&Clear Morning Energy Skin Brightening Daily Facial Scrub (£3.99)
This is an oil-free exfoliating facial scrub with bursting beads! It is made with lemon and papaya extracts giving it a really refreshing tropical/citrus scent. I have been using it most mornings to remove any dirt or dead skin and to totally brighten up my face. It says it is gentle enough to be used everyday but I wouldn't recommend using any kind of exfoliant every single day.
Pros
  • Leaves your skin extremely brighter, smoother and just glowing!
  • Gives you a much nicer base for applying makeup (no more dry patches, woop! woop!)
  • Very refreshing and really helps ‘wake your skin up’ - Ideal for mornings!
  • Yummy fragrance.
  • Comes in a cute little squeezy tube.
  • Cheap and widely available.
Cons
  • I don't think it is gentle enough for everyday.
Rating out of 10: 9
   

Soap&Glory Kick Ass Concealer (£10)
I LOVE this product! It has to be the best drugstore concealer out there. I'm not going to go in to too much detail as I actually have a full comparison review on it which I will link right here.
Pros
  • Includes a mirror, two shades of concealer, a setting powder and a powder puff.
  • The concealer is very creamy and blends like a dream.
  • Gives excellent coverage.
  • The translucent setting powder is great quality.
  • It is a real bargain for everything that you get.
 Cons
  • The packaging is a bit fiddly.
Rating out of 10: 9

Benefit They're Real Mascara (£18.50)
This mascara comes with some pretty amazing claims: dramatic length & volume, base-to-tip curl, visible lift, long wearing results. Along with all the hype I already had huge expectations for it. Luckily it did not let me down, it is one of the best mascaras I have ever used! I often find mascaras with a really nice brush and a rubbish formula or a really nice formula and a rubbish brush but this is the best of both worlds. Not only does it have a great brush, it also has an excellent, jet-black, seriously long-lasting formula. The biggest problem I have is that it is a massive pain to get it off at the end of the day.
Pros
  • The brush allows you to coat, lift and separate every single lash.
  • One sweep instantly curls and lengthens the lashes.
  • Jet-black, glossy finnish.
  • Definitely won't flake or budge throughout the day.
Cons
  • The unique shape of the brush takes some getting used to.
  • It starts to clump after the first or second coat.
  • It is extremely difficult to remove.
Rating out of 10: 8.5

Elegant Touch Clear Brush On Nail Glue (£3.10)
I have never really been a fake nails kind of girl but recently I have gotten really into them. A decent nail glue is probably the most important part and this is the perfect one. It comes in a little bottle with a brush, just like a nail polish, making it so quick and simple to use. With a good set of nails it can last me anything up to a week. You can even carry it around in your bag with peace of mind.
Pros
  • Very easy to use.
  • Dries in seconds.
  • The glue applies clear.
  • Strong, long-lasting hold.
  • Secure and portable bottle.
Rating out of 10: 10

Babyliss Curling Wand (£24.99)
I recieved this as a gift a few months back and ever since I have been using it practically nonstop. It is basically a long conical barrel with no clamp. You can just wrap a section of hair around it, hold it for a few seconds and voila!  
Pros
  • Simple to use.
  • The wand allows you to create your desired tight or loose style of curls.
  • With hairspray the curls can even last for two days.
  • 5 heat settings(up to 210C)
  • Includes a heat resistant glove, cool tip and safety stand.
Rating out of 10: 10

Hollister Malibu Beach Body Mist (£12)
This is a great frangrance to keep in your bag if you are on the go. It contains aloe vera and almond milk to really condition and cool the skin. I find it so refreshing to spray on after going to the gym or just on a hot day. All the flavours are absolutely gorgeous, this one is a very feminine mixture of vanilla, marzipan and fresh musk.
Pros
  • Yummy everday scent.
  • Huge bottle.
  • Feels very nice and refreshing on the skin.
Cons
  • The scent doesn't linger very long
  • They are really overpriced compared to drugstore body mists.
Rating out of 10: 8

Well that's all folks, I really hope you enjoyed my September Favourites!
Have you tried any of these products? What are your favourites for this month?
Feel free to leave me any questions or comments bellow and I will get back to you as soon as I can ♥ I hope everyone has an amazing October!!
Thank you for reading :')
MissJammyxo

8 comments:

  1. I really want to get a clipless curling iron! I'm a new follower :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are so much easier to use!
      thank you so much :) i followed you right back!

      Delete
  2. I've had the Soap and Glory concealer but have never really gotten into using it. I always just opt for my collection 2000 as I find it easier. Will have to go back to it though, and I'm just off to read your comparison on it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Soap & Glory concealer looks great and the Hollister Spray - anything vanilla scented is a winner for me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I havent tried any Sop & Glory makeup but that sounds really good! Surprised! :)

    xo,
    Lela - www.lelalondon.com - Editor and Stylist

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...