Friday, 1 February 2013

NOTD/Tutorial: Winter Ombre Nails!

Hello everyone!♥
Today I am going to show you step by step how to create this really pretty nail design that I actually wore a lot around Christmas time. I would describe it as a sort of glittery ombre effect that is perfect for this time of year. It is super easy, even I can do it and I'm certainly no professional. This doesn't require any special tools and you will probably have everything you need lying around the house. I choose wintery colours but you could definitely switch them up to suit you all year round. So without further ado let's get in to the tutorial.

What You Will Need:
  • Base coat
  • Red nail polish
  • Red glitter polish
  • Gold nail polish
  • Top coat
  • Tin foil
  • Some cotton buds

STEP 1
  • Apply a base coat to protect your nails then paint an opaque coat of your chosen red nail polish. 
  • Wait for it to dry.

STEP 2
  • Pour some of the sparkly red polish on to the tin foil. 
  • I'm using tin foil as a surface instead of something like a paper towel so it won't absorb the nail polish.

STEP 3
  • Dip your cotton bud into the nail polish and dab it on to the upper two thirds of your nail.

STEP 4
  • Repeat this on all of your nails.

STEP 5
  • Do the same using gold nail polish on the first third of your nail.

STEP 6
  • Apply your favourite top coat to seal in the design and add a gorgeous shine.

That's all there is too it! Good luck if you try this out! :)
Have a great weekend! 
Lots of love,
MissJammyxo

2 comments:

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...