Friday, 12 April 2013

Review: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers + Swatches

Hey girls! I mentioned the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers in a Boots Haul last month and said that I plan on doing a review. So as promised, after a good few weeks of testing here it is..


So what exactly are they? I think Rimmel describes them very well. "The intense rich colour of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine. It's neither a lipstick nor a gloss... It's BIGGER than both! Available in 8 shades, from subtly sexy to spectacular" I currently own two of these bad boys in the colours 600 Nude Eclipse and 101 Celestial. I am usually not very into nude lips but Nude Eclipse is the perfect nude colour. It is very wearable and has a lovely peachyness so it doesn't look like you have just slapped foundation on your lips. Whereas Celestial is a buildable dusky pink with slight blueish undertones to it.

Now on to the product itself. The things that I like are the sleek design, the creamy consistency and most of all the gorgeous range of colours. I limited myself to just two and I had a lot of trouble deciding on which colours to get. I love the packaging of this product and the fact you can easily see the colour from the outside. It has a unique doe foot applicator with a dent that collects the product which I also really like. The formula is wonderfully opaque, pigmented and non-sticky.

However there are a few aspects I didn't enjoy quite as much. First of all the price. I admit that individually £5.99 isn't incredibly unreasonable but most people won't settle for just one shade. If I were to buy the whole collection, like some bloggers I have seen, it would cost me nearly £50. The staying power isn't ideal either. I found that the glossy finish would quickly wear off in the space of about half an hour and I would only be left with a bit of colour. I like the consistency but after the gloss fades it becomes rather drying on the lips and clings on to any dry patches. And most of all I hate the cheap plasticky smell!

Although these are far from perfect I have enjoyed my experience with them. They are available at Boots and Superdrug stores in the UK and are currently on offer in Boots for £4.99.

Rating out of 10: 7
Would I repurchase?: I may end up trying out some of the other colours

Have you tried these lip lacquers? How did you find them?
Thanks for reading♥
Lots of love,
MissJammyxo

3 comments:

  1. I got the same 2 colours as you and agree the shine just disappears and you're left with a matte colour that clings to any dry bits as it wears.. Apart from that I do really like them though! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is the exact same problem I had with them..
      And haha that's strange that we picked the same two colours! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...